The Most Gentle Art of Self Compassion
Using a combination of mindfulness and self compassion techniques and based on the work of Jon Kabatt-Zin, Zen Master Daizan Roshi, Kristen Neff and Chris Germer.
We will explore:
- What self compassion is, as opposed to self pity or self worth.
- How to use a self compassionate 'no'
- Considering how to bring our mindfulness practices to life when dealing with very stressful or emotionally charged situations.
- Some exercises designed to release ourselves from the inner critic and find a way to speak to ourselves with kindness and encouragement.
- Bringing our own Loving Kindness practice to life, using phrases that work for us.
- The difference between self compassion and self care and discuss the appropriateness of each.
- Compassion fatigue v empathy fatigue and look at how to be our own best friend in emotionally draining situations.
- Turning our attention within and learn how to tune our attention to what's going on RIGHT NOW rather than being hijacked by old storylines and behaviours.
- A number of meditations designed to increase our inner resilence
How much does it cost and how long is it?
The course will take place over 4 mornings, roughly 3 hours per morning.
Kim founded Serenity Retreat back in 2010. She is a trained Zenways Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher with over ten years experience and has also trained in Self Compassion with Kristen Neff and Chris Germer. Most recently, Kim has started the accreditation process to become a Kiloby Inquiries Facilitator.
Her passion is to discover what really lies beneath, both for herself and others, and to encourage open-heartedness and fearlessness to the adventure of life. She's straightforward, no nonsense and has an earthy sense of humour.