Flight Information and Getting Here - nearest airport is Preveza
(do check with us first to make sure we have room for you - and then book flights!)
In 2019, flights departed from Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester and Bristol in May and then additionally from Heathrow and Birmingham after the May half term. When looking at flight prices do bear in mind that they MAY drop a month or so before you travel (apart from Easyjet, normally). If you can hold your nerve till a week or so beforehand, then they can drop significantly but it does take nerve and the downside is that sometimes they become scarce and go through the roof although this is rarely the case in May or the end of September and October. With Easyjet, it's the opposite case - you need to book as early as possible.
Flights for 2019 were generally about £270 (good deal) £360 (average) £430 + (half term, September 10th and leaving it too late!). We're not sure what flight prices will be like for 2019, but this is as good a price guide as any for now. We wouldn't normally suggest that you look for flights until February or thereabouts, but we know that some of you like to be organised!
The best places to check for flights are here:
If flights don't go directly to Preveza from your country, or the prices are prohibitive, it can be worth checking out the Athens option.
There is an (air-conditioned) bus/coach to Lefkas. We can meet buses departing Athens at 07.00, 13.30 and 16.30, the ticket costs about 60 euros return. The bus to Lefkas takes 5 hours ish. It takes about an hour to get to the bus station from Athens airport (there is a bus that goes every 20 mins and it costs £4, by taxi it's £30 or more). Email us using the 'Get In Touch' box at the top of the page, if you want more info.
More flight information:
- Flights are available on Sundays to Preveza airport from Gatwick, Stansted, Bristol and Manchester in May and additionally from Birmingham and Heathrow as of the May half term. Birmingham flights for 2019 seem to be operated by Flybe although not advertised on their website as they charter privately to sailing companies. You could try this link for Birmingham flights (and others).
- The Heathrow flight is a British Airways flight and you can book it directly through BA.
- The flight time is about 3 hours and 15 minutes
- When booking flights please remember that check out is 10am, regardless of your flight departure time
- Transfer time is approximately 40 minutes
- September flights are always really popular, so we would recommend not hanging about with booking them
- If you can hold your nerve to two weeks before travelling the prices can go down significantly (but not always) - but NOT with Easyjet. If you're planning on using them, then you need to book as soon as possible
- If you are arriving on Saturday you will need to pay for an extra night's accommodation at a local venue. Please contact us for more info.
- Free transfers by taxi are available to meet all Sunday flights. The latest bus arrival we can meet is 10pm (4.30pm from Athens)
- There may be a wait between being met and being transferred. Normally you'll leave directly, but in order to keep costs down we group some guests together.
- The maximum waiting time is normally no more than an hour. Waiting over an hour happens infrequently but it DOES happen. It depends on the vagaries of flight arrivals - some flights arrive early and some late. If you want a guaranteed direct transfer there is an additional cost of £40 (this covers the transfer both ways).
- 85% of arriving guests leave immediately - no waiting. We just can't guarantee it!
- Flights arriving or departing on any day other than Sunday will be subject to a £40 charge.
- We will get you back to the airport with plenty of time to check in. Normally somewhere between 2 and 3 hours before your flight is due to depart.
- Regardless of the time of your departure flight, rooms must be vacated at 10am on Sunday. There will be somewhere to leave your cases, but we can't promise a shower.... There is the option of renting a room for the daytime for about 35 euros.
I need help booking flights...
It can all be very confusing. Although we can't book flights for you, we're happy to have a quick look at what's available if you'd like us to. Just let us know in the contact box at the top of the screen.