Flight, Transfer and Getting Here Info
Nearest airport is Preveza/Aktio
(do check with us first to make sure we have room for you - and then book flights!)
Well, 2020 and 2021 have knocked all sense out of any flight suggestions we might have had. This year the prices have been incredibly good (£140 return with bags) or a bit nuts (£400+). Flights are currently available from London Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham.
The best places to check for flights are here:
More flight information:
- The flight time is about 3 hours and 15 minutes
- When booking flights please remember that check out is 10am, regardless of your flight departure time
- Transfer time is approximately 30 minutes
- September flights are always really popular, so we would recommend not hanging about with booking them
- If you can hold your nerve to two weeks before travelling the prices can go down significantly (but not always) - but NOT with Easyjet or Ryanair. If you're planning on using them, then you need to book as soon as possible
- If you are arriving on Saturday (or any day other than Sunday) you will need to pay for any extra nights' accommodation at a local venue and an additional transfer charge. Please contact us for more info.
- Free transfers by taxi are available to meet all Sunday flights. The latest bus arrival we can meet is 10pm (4.30pm from Athens)
- There may be a wait between being met and being transferred. Normally you'll leave directly, but in order to keep costs down we group some guests together.
- The maximum waiting time is normally no more than an hour. Waiting over an hour happens infrequently but it DOES happen. It depends on the vagaries of flight arrivals - some flights arrive early and some late. If you want a guaranteed direct transfer there is an additional cost of £40 (this covers the transfer both ways).
- 85% of arriving guests leave immediately - no waiting. We just can't guarantee it!
- Flights arriving or departing on any day other than Sunday will be subject to a £40 charge.
- We will get you back to the airport with plenty of time to check in. Normally somewhere between 2 and 3 hours before your flight is due to depart.
- Regardless of the time of your departure flight, rooms must be vacated at 10am on Sunday. There will be somewhere to leave your cases, but we can't promise a shower.... There is the option of renting a room for the daytime for about 35 euros.
If flights don't go directly to Preveza from your country, or the prices are prohibitive, it can be worth checking out the Athens option.
There is an (air-conditioned) bus/coach to Lefkas. We can meet buses departing Athens at 07.00, 13.30 and 16.30, the ticket costs about 60 euros return. The bus to Lefkas takes 5 hours ish. It takes about an hour to get to the bus station from Athens airport (there is a bus that goes every 20 mins and it costs £4, by taxi it's £30 or more). Email us using the 'Get In Touch' box at the top of the page, if you want more info.
I need help booking flights...
It can all be very confusing. Although we can't book flights for you, we're happy to have a quick look at what's available if you'd like us to. Just let us know in the contact box at the top of the screen.